- This event has passed.
Pop Culture vs. Faith: “Selling Out” in the Music Industry?
September 15 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT$10
Join our discussion about how faith and pop culture intertwine. With the release of Kanye West’s Donda, the idea of “mainstream worship“ has become quite the topic of discussion.
We would love your input on the topics below:
- Where do you draw the line between secular music and faith-based music?
- At what point would “crossing the line” be considered “selling out?”
- Does society put a lot of emphasis on “worshipping“ artists?
- Does an artist‘s popularity/influence have an affect on how “trendy” a certain faith is?
Some examples of artists that have dabbled in secular and faith-based music/come a from faith-based background:
- Kanye West
- Justin Bieber
- Ty Dolla Sign
- Toni Braxton
Here is What to Expect:
- We will start off by giving brief introductions of who we are and why this topic is intriguing
- Then, we will dive right in to address the questions above!
The format will be very free-flowing and conversational. Don’t be afraid to be opinionated but please be respectful of each other at all times!
If you feel you have A LOT to say about this topic, join us 🙂
*This conversation will be recorded and posted on our YouTube channel.
Your name + Instagram will be included in the description box of the video and you will be tagged on Instagram.